Thursday, February 26, 2015

Organizing with Style Nat & Susan Liles

Nat here sharing my Organize with Style Tip!

Ikea is a great place to go to help get organize!
I found this Raskogs, a 3 shelf rolling cart there. I use this for all my go to basic supplies.
 The top shelf holds my 12" paper trimmers, my go-to smaller scissors (cutterbee), my go-to adhesives (glossy and scotch), my crop a dile, corner rounder, small hole punch, scor tape and a few boxes of adhesive roll refills (for quick grab).

The 2nd shelf holds all of my Quick Quotes ink, stamp scrubber and cleaner and my acrylic blocks.
The bottom shelf holds my heat gun, personal size paper trimmer (for photos) and a caddy for my glue gun, glue sticks and foam brushes.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the RASKOG. it holds so much and is very portable moving around a scrap space.

-------------------------------------------------------------------- Susan Liles here with my Organizing with Style -Craft Space Tips!


 I don't really have a "favorite" organizational solution. 
As many of y'all know, I don't like to spend a lot of time on "organization".  To me, as long as everything has a place, gets put back into its place when I'm done using it and those things don't exceed the boundaries of the space I've set up for them, I'm organized enough.  The less time I have to spend organizing and setting up organizational methods, the more time I have to create!  That is SO NOT to say I'm unorganized, because I totally am, but by keeping my space neat and "a place for everything and everything in its place", the "organization" takes care of itself. 


My Elfa drawers and shelves from The Container Store help me do this.  I keep most of my things in the drawers and the little bins on the shelves.  My space is right when you walk into my home and there is no door to close and hide my mess, so I have to keep it looking somewhat presentable! 
Some of the drawers are messy but separated by types of products (one for inks, one for paints/adhesives, ribbon/fibers and dies). 
I know what's in them and don't mind having to move a couple things around to get to something. 
 
I do like this drawer where I keep my inks and blocks. 
It's the top left one under my Silhouette and I just swivel in my chair to get to it.  (I like everything that I use constantly to be within reach.)  In this drawer, my inkpads fit great, all stacked up inside these plastic open containers called "Like-it" Bricks also from The Container Store.  They easily stack, can be removed, and the smaller ones slide along the tops of each other, so that I can make the most of the space.  There's enough open space to the side of them to keep my heat tool, charger and Silhouette cords in that drawer as well.

Let us know if you'd like to see more of my space. 
Since we just moved into our new home about 7 months ago, it's a work in progress!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now we all need to take a field trip to the Container Store and Ikea! hahaha... That would be fun! :)
Thanks for reading along today! Check back tomorrow from our last day of Organizing with Style!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing!! I love my turquoise Raskog!! And I ordered the Container Store plastic bins that you showed (last year) for paper....love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing your organization girls! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your great organizing tips, gals! Of course we want to see more of Susan Lyle's craft space!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very disciplined Susan. I am working on the "put it away" attitude. I get lazy and end up just waiting til I have a mess gathered at the completion of my project.***

    I love my rolling storage too. I got mine from World Market. They are sooo handy. Thanks for letting us peek into everyone's crafty world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a vintage rolling cart that is very similar - it's aqua too! I haven't done anything with it yet but I'm inspired to use it now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and for visiting our blog!