Thursday, March 19, 2015

I am Layout using Simple Stories

Hello Everyone!
 Vicki here to share a layout I created using the Simple Stories I am Collection.
 

My background pieces are from the I AM Collection Kit. I'll share with you in the steps below how I put my layout together. For me this is a pretty big achievement because doing layouts of myself has never been something I've been very comfortable with.  But I know it's important. I think as scrapbookers we often end up documenting life around us. The kids, events, ect... But "we" are a part of all that. Usually "behind" the camera. Which honestly is where I prefer to be lol I had to stop and think of it differently. How sad would I be if I looked thru photo albums and there were no photos of my grandma and great grandma. We are a very important part of it all ... so take time to document YOU.


I started by adding some sort of semi dry brush swipes of acrylic paint behind where I will place my papers and photo.


Then I added a little stamping. Just enough so it would show around the edge of the matted paper.


Adding the background paper and photo was easy, then I decided to use one of these American Crafts straws as kind of a topper or bar above my photo. I put ties at both ends, and at this end I cut out one of the feathers from one of the Elements Sheets in the Collection kit and attached it to the string. I added a foam square to the back to give it lift off the page.




This pocket with tags from the Interactive Elements was one of the pieces I had decided from the beginning, would be a focal point on my page. What a fun way to add some journaling. I used the Expression Stickers on some of the tags and hand wrote journaling on others, using both the fronts and backs of the tags. Just a few of mine were I AM.. Simply Me, Compassionate, Choosing Happiness, Believer in God, Right were I want to be, a creative spirit, a believer that music soothes the soul, committed to my family, Lover of Animals. 


Then comes my favorite part. Going back and adding details. I used the Gold Photo Stickers a number of different places on my layout. LOVED them! And a long the side of my photo you can see I used one of the photo overlays. Instead of using it over my photo I just used the part I wanted along the side of the photo, since it would easily show up on the background paper.


I hope this encourages you to create a "I AM" layout of our own.
Thank you for stopping by. Have a GREAT day!

Vicki

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page! I love how you used the paint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Love this line from SS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So important to leave your handprint on your albums! Love all the techniques you used on this LO! It rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea about including ourselves!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and for visiting our blog!